The documents posted on this page are considered the official notice of the Tsleil-Waututh Government in keeping with the Part 3, Law Enactment Procedures, Tsleil-Waututh Nation Land Code 2007 relating to the management and administration of Tsleil-Waututh Lands.
Chief and Council Election
March 30th 2017
Notice is hereby given to the electors of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation that a poll will be held to elect a Chief and five (5) Councillors on the 30th day of March 2017 from nine o’clock (9:00) a. m. until eight o’clock (8:00) p.m. at the following location:
The Tsleil-Waututh Community Centre, 3010 Sleil-Waututh Road, North Vancouver, B.C.
The Votes will be counted at the close of the Polls at the Tsleil-Waututh Community Centre 3010 Sleil-Waututh Road, North Vancouver, B.C. on the 30th day of March, 2017.
The results will be declared immediately following the count.
Given under my hand at the North Vancouver, B.C. this 15th day of February 2017.
Electoral Officer – Tsleil-Waututh Nation
If you have any questions, please call the Electoral Officer at (604) 943-0522 or (604) 786-2512, or Toll Free–1-899-813-2173.
SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING & LAND ADVISORY COMMITTEE ELECTION
MARCH 27, 2017
SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING FOR LANDS ADVISORY COMMITTEE ELECTION
- A Special Membership Meeting to conduct the Land Advisory Committee Election will be held March 27, 2017 beginning at 6 PM at the TWN Community Centre located at 3010 Sleil Waututh Drive.
- The election is by secret ballot and is being held to fill 2 of the 4 seats on the Land Advisory Committee (LAC) that expire March 31.
- The duration of the positions is 4 years.
⦁ The LAC election immediately follows the March 27, 2017 Special Membership Meeting. The meeting is held to provide Candidates the opportunity to make presentations to the members that are present.
- Secret Ballot Voting will occur immediately after Candidates’presentations.
- Candidates are not required to make a presentation.
- The two Candidates with the most votes will be elected to fill the positions.
Contact: Deidre Thomas
Phone: (604) 929-3454 ext 4058
NoticeTWN amended Zoning Law
On May 25, 2013 Chief and Council of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation passed a Band Council Resolution authorizing the updating of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation’s Zoning Law. The proposed updating will amend the Zoning Law to regulate land uses on all of TWN’s reserve lands including IR # 4 and IR #4A.
The intentions are to include the following land use categories within the amendments:
- Land use classifications for Residential, Multiple Residential, Special Development and Comprehensive Development Zones;
- Bring all reserve lands under the jurisdiction of the Zoning Law regardless of land tenure; and
- Set the requirements for making application to change the zoning of a property.
Written comments on the subject matter, content, and other relevant matters of the proposed law are being accepted by Gerald Schlesiger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Emma Fineblit (email@example.com) at the TWN Administration Office at 3075 Takaya Drive, North Vancouver, BC V7H 3A8 before April 19, 2017.
On April 2, 2015, a Tsleil-Waututh Nation election was held under the Indian Act Regulations. The following candidates were selected:
Chief: Maureen Thomas